Announcement of Preliminary Results for the year to 31 March 2012
Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and research, today announces its Preliminary Results for the year to 31 March 2012.
- Excellent progress in the first year of our 14 Cubed growth plan, in line to reach our objectives
- Revenue up 28.6% to £337.3 million (2011: £262.3 million)
- Adjusted profit before tax* up 60.3% to £42.0 million (2011: £26.2 million)
- Adjusted EPS* up 48.4% to 61.6 pence (2011: 41.5 pence)
- Order intake up 23.5% to £337.8 million (2011: £273.5 million)
- Record performance across all three business sectors, with strong organic growth in all territories
- Three acquisitions made during the year – Omicron Nanotechnology, Omniprobe and Platinum Medical Imaging – all integrating well
- Strengthening new product pipeline, with 44% of revenue from products launched or acquired in the last three years (2011: 34%)
- Proposed final dividend increased by 11.6% to 7.23 pence, giving a total dividend for the year of 10.0 pence (2011: 9.0 pence)
*Adjusted numbers are stated to give a better understanding of the underlying business. Details of adjusting items can be found in Note 2.
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive of Oxford Instruments plc, said:
“We are now two months into the second year of our 14 Cubed plan. Trading to date has been in line with our expectations and our markets remain strong despite continued economic uncertainty, particularly in Europe. A healthy pipeline of new product introductions is in place and we are investing across the business to increase efficiency, strengthen our market positions and drive further profitable growth. We are well positioned to build on the opportunities presented by emerging markets and to take advantage of new applications and technologies as they arise. We continue to look for bolt-on acquisitions to complement our existing businesses.
“A changing market presents interesting opportunities as well as challenges and we are confident that we have the structure, products and talent in place to make further progress in the current year and beyond.”
Oxford Instruments plc
Tel: 01865 393200
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive
Kevin Boyd, Group Finance Director
Tel: 020 3128 8100