Oxford Instruments plc Announcement of Half Year Results for 2013/2014
Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and research, today announces its Half Year Results for the six months to 30 September 2013.
- First half orders of £168.0 million (2012: £169.8 million)
- First half revenue of £166.3 million (2012: £170.8 million)
- Marked improvement in trading conditions in the second quarter
- Adjusted gross margin of 45.0% (2012: 44.6%)
- Adjusted profit before tax* of £20.6 million (2012: £22.5 million)
- Reported EPS up 16.0% at 23.2 pence (2012: 20.0 pence)
- Adjusted EPS down 13.3% at 28.6 pence (2012: 33.0 pence)
- Focused R&D and strong new product pipeline will underpin organic growth
- Acquisition of RMG Technology Limited
- Discussions with Andor Technology plc
- Interim dividend increased by 10.2% to 3.36p per share (2012: 3.05p)
*Adjusted numbers are stated to give a better understanding of the underlying business. Details of adjusting items can be found in Note 2.
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive of Oxford Instruments plc, said:
“The second quarter has shown a significant strengthening in both orders and revenues. This improvement in trading, supported by the strength of new product introductions and our actions to enhance operating efficiencies, should enable us to deliver an improved performance in the second half. Looking forward, the application of both our existing and new techniques to the Nano-Bio field offers us the opportunity for further sustained profitable growth”.
Oxford Instruments plc
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive
Kevin Boyd, Group Finance Director
Tel: 01865 393200
Tel: 020 3128 8100